Riffing off of [the previous post](http://rud.is/b/2015/08/05/speeding-up-your-quests-for-r-stuff/), here’s a way to quickly search CRAN (the @RStudio flavor) from the Chrome search bar.
– Paste `chrome://settings/searchEngines` into your location bar and hit return/enter
– Scroll down until the input boxes show, enabling you to add a search engine
– For _”Add a new search engine”_ put “`CRAN`”
– For _”Keyword”_ put “`R`”, “`rstats`” or “`CRAN`”, but “`R`” is super easy to type, though it may not be optimal for you :-)
– For _”URL with %s in place of query”_ put the following:
(you may be able to trim that URL a bit, if desired)
Save that and then in the Chrome location bar hit `R` then `[TAB]` and you’ll be sending the query to a custom Google search that only looks on CRAN (specifically the @RStudio CRAN mirror).