- 453g all-purpose flour (this precision is not 100% necessary, you may need to add more when folding in the wet ingredients)
- 30-37g sugar (I’d err on the lower side for the first run)
- 28g baking powder
- 7g salt
- 151g butter-flavored shortening (cold!)
- 76g eggs (I kinda just use 2 jumbo and add a teensy bit more flour)
- 240ml coconut milk yogurt (unsweetened)
- egg wash (one egg and a tablespoon of oat milk and a pinch of salt)
Oven @ 425°F/218°C ; Sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
Sift dry bits together.
Cut up shortening into small squares and mix into the dry bits with a pastry blender.
Combine eggs and yogurt. Add to ^^.
Fold and knead gently just until the dough forms. Too much working the dough and the biscuits will be tough.
Press out dough on lightly floured surface to ~3cm thickness and use a 5cm cutter to cut (push down, don’t twist).
Place on lined sheet pan.
Brush with egg wash.
Bake ~15m (start watching at 7m, prbly rotate the sheet pan then, and then again at ~12m).